12/124 MACQUARIE STREET, ST LUCIA QLD 4067Sold $810,000
STAGED, STYLED AND SOLD BY CAPE COD RESIDENTIAL
Unit Sold - ST LUCIA QLD
SOPHISTICATED RIVERFRONT LIVING
Nestled in a quiet and leafy cul-de-sac, a mere stones-throw from the world-class facilities of the University of Queensland’s St. Lucia campus, ‘Macquarie Place’ will capture your heart with its absolute riverfront position and panoramic views. Located on the fifth floor of a grand and nostalgic 1980’s residence, this 3-bedroom apartment is perfect for those seeking convenience, location and that highly-coveted waterfront lifestyle.
Carefully manicured lawns and lush garden beds border the winding paved pathway into the foyer, where you will be greeted with your first glimpse of the riverfront.
Prepare to be delighted as you step into the spacious and light-filled open-plan living and dining room, with its soothing neutral palette, parquetry flooring, and custom cabinetry. Floor-to-ceiling glass doors in the lounge create a seamless transition to the balcony, where your eyes will be immediately drawn to the panoramic sweeping views showcasing the mountain vistas of Mount Coot-tha, and the city lights peeking through the towering gumtrees. The perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee or an evening tipple and watch the CityCats cruise on by.
The sleek, modern kitchen will be sure to impress you with its herringbone-patterned splashback, ample bench space, large pantry, undermount sink, glass ceramic cooktop, new oven and 40mm stone bench-tops. There is plenty of room for the whole family to sit at the gorgeous timber breakfast bar!
The bedrooms are located off a private hallway, allowing for separation of living and privacy. Featuring lush new carpets, ceiling fans, air-conditioning and access to a second shared balcony, the elevated position of the apartment affords water views and city glimpses from each room.
Bedrooms are serviced by a sparkling family bathroom; complete with bathtub, large separate shower and separate toilet. Enjoy a soak in the tub or the luxury of the roomy shower with its ‘satinjet’ showerhead, custom sliding-glass screen and designer tapware. Adjoining the main bathroom is the functional and separate laundry, linen press and supply closet. The home features a multitude of storage spaces for all your family’s needs.
The master bedroom offers a spacious retreat from the rest of the home, with its modern ensuite, air-conditioning, walk-in-robe and whilst it also catches water and city glimpses, its high windows capture a view of the classic beauty of the sandstone buildings of the nearby St. Lucia UQ campus.
The complex showcases a recently refurbished open-air swimming pool bordered with sandstone paving and glass balustrade flowing onto the lush lawn of the riverbank. The pool deck is serviced by a powder room, with both shower and toilet facilities and sauna.
A remote, double lock-up, 2 car garage can be found on basement level, with your very own set of separate storage lockers located near the basement elevator entrance.
• Absolute riverfront location
• 1980’s modernised apartment on the 5th floor, with mountain views and city glimpses
• 3 bedrooms, all with new carpets, ceiling fans, air-conditioning and private balcony access
• Expansive master bedroom suite with large walk-in robe, ensuite, river views and city glimpses
• Riverside swimming pool and sauna
• Main bathroom with separate shower and bathtub
• Spacious, air-conditioned open-plan living
• Kitchen with 40mm stone benchtops, breakfast bar, new appliances and ample bench space and large pantry
• Remote, double, lock-up garage
• Extensive storage: large hallway linen cupboard, custom cabinetry in the lounge, laundry shelving, large secure double garage, and 2 x separate lockable storage units in the basement carpark
• Family-friendly street
• Walking distance to the University of Queensland St. Lucia campus, public transport, shops, local pool and easy access to Toowong and Indooroopilly shopping precincts
Being a mere 7km from the CBD, steps away from Guyatt Park ferry terminal, UQ campus and facilities, buses and bikeways, only minutes from two major shopping precincts, childcare facilities and hospitals, this rare gem offers its new owners the pinnacle of convenience and location. Don’t hesitate… your sophisticated and enviable St. Lucia waterfront lifestyle awaits!
- 3 bed
- 2 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Floor Area is 185 m²
- 2 Garage
- Remote Garage
- Secure Parking
- Built In Robes